Select a page link below.

MY PONDERINGS
Click on "comments" below each post to read comments and/or leave a comment. No sign in required.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Retreat

It is that wonderful time of year. The mid-terms are done and the term papers turned in (all for better or worse) and now it is time to look forward to finals. BUT!! Before we go there, there is a little treat. Three days of silence! AAAHHH! I can hear the silence ring in the ears now. No phone, no computer with its endless supply of e-mails, no textbooks, no 4:45 am wake-ups, no class, no echoing hallways, just blessed silence. All this and more! Included in this 3 day, 2 night package is a private bathroom and lots of time for prayer. OH JOY! OH RAPTURE! But wait…if you call in the next 15 minutes…


So, yes I am off to our quarterly 3-day retreat at the Cedar Creek Conference Center. This is a real gem of a place. For my long time (so to speak) readers, you will remember my comments and pictures of the place from last year. If you would like to see the pictures again (or if you haven’t seen them at all) click HERE. Remeber to give it a minute to load the pictures (there are 30 of them). This quarter our retreat director (we have a different director each time) is Fr. Jay Alvarez of the Prelature of the Holy Cross and Opus Dei. I hear he is wonderful so I am looking forward to the conferences.

I will keep each of you in my prayers this weekend and I ask that you also pray for me as I take time to encounter Our Lord. May God bless you. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment