Select a page link below.

MY PONDERINGS
Click on "comments" below each post to read comments and/or leave a comment. No sign in required.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 2

Today is the second day of classes at the seminary. I have now been to all of my classes once and it looks like it is going to be an exciting but intensive semester. I am taking Metaphysics (not what is commonly thought of as metaphysics but Aristotelian Metaphysics), Philosophy of God (not His but ours), Church History (this is going to be great; 2,000 years packed into 28 weeks…Oh Joy!!), Modern Philosophy (cause we need to study more Kant, Hume and Locke…I just Kant take any more… OK so that was really bad) and Latin (in case I run into anyone from 79 AD…Pompeii anyone?). But seriously, I am looking forward to the classes. I have great instructors and I always like a good challenge.

On another note, I received my parish assignment yesterday and met my pastor today. I am assigned to St. Mark’s Church with Msgr. Hambrough. I am including a link to the parish website. St. Mark's Church The church is an old monastery and also has a K-8 school. It should be a great assignment.

Since I have about 36 pages of reading yet to do, I’ll end for now. Thanks for all the support. I’ll meet you at the tabernacle.

Your Servant in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment