Select a page link below.

MY PONDERINGS
Click on "comments" below each post to read comments and/or leave a comment. No sign in required.

Monday, September 28, 2009

One Month Down

So the first month of year two has come and gone and I am off and running. Classes are going well although I am finding Latin to be a bit challenging. Rote memorization isn’t really my thing, but there is just no other way to learn the declensions and conjugations. Oh well, this too shall pass.

The first soccer game of the season was rained out. A little disappointing, but there is good news; we will be getting new goals for the field. Now for many of you, you are wondering what the big deal is. Well, until now we have been using steel
plumbing pipes welded together for goals. Now we will have real soccer goals. These goals will be regulation size and allow us to adjust the field to standard sizing. Plus, we will have real nets. Trust me, this is very cool.



So for my “chore” assignment this year I am the infimarian for the Theoligate. The college has its own. So what is an infirmarian you ask? Basically, I take care of all of the seminarians that get sick. I’ll be bringing them food, medicine, prayer and tending to their needs. Seems appropriate based on my past history. Additionally, again this year I am the medical standby for the seminaries sporting events. Let’s hope for quiet year.

We are working diligently this year on the capital campaign for the seminary. Archbishop Carlson is continuing the projects started by his predecessor, Archbishop Raymond Burke. This is very exciting as we are in need of monies for some repairs and upgrades. The major project is to build a new building for the faculty. Currently their offices occupy student rooms in the dorm hallways. This is a problem as we need these rooms for seminarians and the faculty offices should be somewhere other than in our halls. It is always a little disconcerting to pass your professor in the hallway while you are in your robe on the way to the shower. We are taking groups of parishioners from parishes around the archdiocese on tours of the seminary so they can see what we need first-hand. Please pray for a successful campaign. Of course, if anyone reading this would like to donate, please contact me.
Speaking of Archbishop Burke, he was in town and was kind enough to stop by and say Mass for us on the 21st. In case you may be unaware, he was taken last year from St. Louis and invested as the Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. That is to say he is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court for the Holy Roman Catholic Church. Anyway, he stopped by to say Mass and greet us. It was good to see him again.

The Serra club of St. Louis took us to a Cardinals baseball game on the second of September. It was a good game and the cardinals won. Yes, I’m still a Rockies fan, but since it’s easier to go to a Cardinals game than a Rockies game, well…. Anyway, when did baseball become a rich man’s sport? I bought two (2) beers and spent $16. I’m glad I wasn’t hungry. I knew football was expensive, but come on!!

So, that’s it for now. Thanks for checking in. I hope to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment